Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yep, it snowed...



It's going to be a White Christmas. I do love having snow. But, I don't like it when it ruins an entire weekend of plans. Honestly, it snowed all day on Saturday and then went on to ruin roads for Sunday and Monday. The Wisconsin DOT advised no driving... The roads are still coated in snow. I don't remember what pavement looks like. The sidewalks are all icy. I also realized that I don't have a pair of gloves. Oops. And I am missing my brush and scraper in my car... dang it. Don't you hate it when you realize these things are missing when you need them the most?

Luckily, Ricky shoveled this time. But, the shovel bent and broke. Seriously, that much snow. We received about 8 or 9 inches. My parents only an hour north have about 15 inches. The whole state of Wisconsin is snow covered. But, I am happy that it is now out of the system and maybe travelling for all the Christmases that we need to attend will be good. Some sun and maybe some temperatures above 6 degrees would be nice. Thanks.



The picture doesn't show it real well, but to top it all off - we were without power from about 4 am to 3 pm. And didn't get our internet or cable back til 7:00pm. So, that Charter Commercial about counting on them in storms is a BIG FAT LIE!!!! In the picture, you can sort of see that a utility pole fell down. Gotta love a ton of snow and then 40 mph gusts. And then two days of temperatures below zero. Oh, what a great week.

No comments: