Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nancy's Notions Field Trip



So, this is a little later than expected, but I haven't been able to blog lately. I will get better. Like... at least two posts today. On Thursday I went with the MIL and SIL to the Nancy's Notions warehouse sale. Apparently, my boyfriend's mother does this every year. I wish I would have known this place was in Wisconsin. I probably would have gone past years as well.

IT WAS CRAZINESS!

See, when I was invited, I didn't know who Nancy was and I certainly didn't know the lady had a television show. I thought we were going to an awesome craft shop with a sweet clearance section. No, this was a warehouse with nothing but sales on fabric, sewing stuff, and countless other crafty things. There were hundreds of women there (and their husbands sitting in the waiting area with couches). I didn't bring a stroller... because I was stupid and naive new mother. Good thing Alina is young and we fashioned her a basket bed (pictured above).

Anyway, it was a long drive - but an overall awesome day! The following is what I made out with:

1/2 yard of PUL in white (it is going to be a hidden layer)
A yard of a knit pattern
20 fat quarters for $20
Some snaps
A snap tool to apply them
2 grab bags full of fabric
And a pattern

ALL FOR UNDER $50. Now to start attempting making my own cloth diapers again. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Untypically Jia said...

OMG that picture is the cutest thing in the world! I love!