Monday, February 7, 2011

Because Everyone Gets Them...



I know that as a child I did not get many things with my name on it. Most of the time I blame that my name doesn't fit comfortably on anything... or it ends up being huge. Most of the time teachers called me "Christin" because the 'A' was cut off. It is apparently easier to assume that an 'E' was cut off... whatever.

In this day and age, it seems that everyone puts their baby's name on the wall either with decorated letters or wall decals. Since we are planning on having more than one - I didn't go with the wall decal. I don't think they come off easily and I don't want my next child to feel jipped if they have to share a room and their name isn't as big or matchy... or whatever. So I went with the wooden letters.

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought what I thought would end up as a cute end product and this is what I came up with. I also realized that if my mother did this with my name... it would have cost twice as much. Do you think people think of these things when naming their children these days? Like a monogram with 5 letters is less than 9? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Love it. I do that stuff all the time. (Btw - tis Des .. incognito.)